This year’s free public lecture will be introduced and chaired by Associate Professor Edwin Hawkins.
The public lecture will feature three of Australia’s top immunologists, who will discuss the use of immunotherapies to treat human diseases.
1. Professor Robyn O'Hehir, Monash University: "Epidemic Thunderstorm Asthma: averting another strike with allergen immunotherapy"
2. Professor Tom Kay, St Vincent's Institute of Medical Research: "Treatment of juvenile diabetes without insulin injections"
3. Doctor Shahneen Sandhu, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre: "Immunotherapy: Shifting Paradigms of Cancer Treatment"
The public lecture will be followed by a Q&A session and refreshments.
When: 27 April 2018, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm AEST.
Where: The Auditorium (Ground Floor), Peter Doherty Institute of Infection and Immunity, 792 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
This event is proudly sponsored by CSL and ARC Centre for Advanced Molecular Imaging.
1. Dr Joanne Reed, UNSW Sydney and Garvan Institute of Medical Research.
2. Professor Ian William Chubb AC, Australian National University and Former Chief Scientist of Australia.
3. A/Professor Alexander Menzies, Melanoma Institute Australia, The University of Sydney, Royal North Shore and Mater Hospitals.
When: 23 April 2018, 5:30PM reception followed by Panel Discussion starting at 6:30PM.
Where: Charles Perkins Centre Auditorium, Charles Perkins Centre, The University of Sydney, NSW, 2006.
1. Mr Joseph Wrin "Breast cancer: Prevention beats treatment everytime"
2. Dr Kevin Fenix "Using the immune system to find new targets for bowel cancer."
3. Mr Zelalem Mekonnen "An innovative preventative vaccine to evoke a frontline defence against Hepatitis C
When: 27 April 2018, 9:00am, 10:00am and 11:00am.
Where: The Basil Hetzel Institute for Translational Health Research,Ground Floor Seminar Rooms, 37a Woodville Road, Woodville South
For more information see BHI Promotional Flyer.
Come and hear from some of the top local scientists in tumour therapies in South Australia.
1. Professor Deb White "New Tumour Immunotherapies putting the immune system to work against cancer"
2. Professor Simon Barry "New Technologies to deliver immunotherapies"
3. Dr. Tessa Garget "Immunotherapy transforming the treatment of melanoma"
3. Ms. Carly Whyte "Checkpoint blockade releasing the brakes of the immune system"
Light refreshments will be provided.
When: 27 April 2018, 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm ACST.
Where: SAHMRI Auditorium, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA 5000.
For more information see SAHMRI promotional flyer.
Come and hear from leading Western Australian researchers and postgraduate students on various immunology research areas. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about how your immune system works from WA's talented postgraduate students and keynote speakers.
Presentations will be followed with a Q&A sundowner with free food and drinks provided
When: 27 April 2018, 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm AWST
Where: McCusker Auditorium, Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research, North Campus, 6 Verdun Street, Nedlands, WA, 6009.
For more information see WA promotional flyer.