ASI Education SIG Winter Workshop
Date23 July 2021, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
12 - 1pm AEST
Online Interactive Workshop via Zoom
Dr Ken Dutton-Register
from Excite Science
Free for ASI Education SIG members, this event is hosted by ASI and the Education Special Interest Group.
Become a memberDownload flyerMore about Excite Science
Following the ASI Education SIG Educational Seminar, we are hosting an interactive workshop exclusive to ASI Education SIG members.
If you are interested in this workshop but are not a current Education SIG member, please log in to your ASI member profile and simply select ‘Education’ as your Special Interest to join the Education SIG.
Interactive Workshop: 12pm to 1pm
- Method and Process for designing a science-themed puzzle
- Guided breakout groups to brainstorm and design puzzles on a scientific concept
- Strategies for applying concepts in a digital setting using basic software tools
- Workshop participants will gain a better understanding of how to apply ‘game thinking’ and ‘interactivity’ to complex science, and have a clearer understanding of how to use this in their digital or physical lessons
Resources will be provided to all participants.
Please click here to register for the seminar prior to this workshop, if you haven't already.
Register before July 16 2021
There are 2 parts to this ASI Education SIG Winter Event which have separate registrations:
- Seminar: Open to all ASI members
- Interactive Workshop (this registration page): Open to ASI Education SIG members
How to register
Please ensure you are a member of the ASI Education Special Interest Group before registering. If you are not, please join now by logging in to your ASI member profile and simply select ‘Education’ as your Special Interest to join the Education SIG.
This is a members-only event, requiring you to log in to the ASI website so we know you are a member.
- If you are currently logged in to the ASI website, a green button saying "Register for this event" will appear below.
- If you are not currently logged in, please click the "Login and register" button below.