Immunology & Cell Biology
The flagship journal of ASI, and one of the leading immunology journals, with a history of 95 years of innovative publishing.
2021 Impact Factor 5.853
Scopus Citescore 9.4
ICB spans the breadth of immunology with an emphasis on the cell biology of the immune system. Of particular interest are the areas of cellular immunology, innate and adaptive immunity, immune responses to pathogens, tumour immunology, immunopathology and immunogenetics.
ICB is the home to 90 publications by Burnet in developing his theories leading to the award of the Nobel Prize in Physiology in 1960.
IMMUNOLOGY & CELL BIOLOGY COVERS:
- Cellular immunology
- Immune responses to pathogens
- Innate and adaptive immunity
- Tumour immunology
- Immunological studies in humans and model organs (including mouse, rat, Drosophila, etc.)
FEATURES OF IMMUNOLOGY & CELL BIOLOGY
- Rapid evaluation for publication
- Average Time to First decision of 3 days
- Option for Expedited Review if your manuscript has recently undergone peer review at an approved journal NEW in 2022
- 2020 Impact Factor 5.126
- 2020 Scopus CiteScore 8.7
- Outstanding Observations – Rapid publication of cutting-edge research
- Original Articles, Reviews, Perspectives, News & Commentaries
- Special Features
- Virtual Issues
- Open Access Option – Direct to peers
- Member of COPE for responsible publication ethics
- Eligibility for the Immunology and Cell Biology Social Impact Award
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR ASI MEMBERS
- When selecting the OnlineOpen option in ICB receive a 20% discount off the Article Publication Charge *
- Be in the running for the award of ‘ICB Publication of the Year’, which also includes a speakers slot at the ASI annual meeting**
*Eligible only to current financial ASI members. To receive the member-only code, please contact us.
**Awarded to the best publication from a current financial ASI member who is first author.
ICB has an Expedited Review process
Immunology & Cell Biology is committed to making a positive culture change in scientific publishing.
'ICB Expedited Review' is an exciting new initiative. ICB is trialling a new, fast-tracked review process of articles with validated reviews at other reputable journals.
Key Features of 'ICB Expedited Review'
ICB will use external peer reviews to make the first decision.
Authors can transfer reviews from another journal to ICB, together with a point-by-point response.
Click here to learn more.
ICB celebrates Day of Immunology 2020
Check out our special video collection and share it with your family and friends.
ICB CLASSIC PAPERS
|The growth of mouse bone marrow
cells in vitro.
Bradley, T.R. & Metcalf, D.
Aust J Exp Biol Med Sci 44, 287-299 (1966).
>2000 citations – a cornerstone publication allowing identification and characterisation of CSFs.
A reassessment of the forbidden clone hypothesis of autoimmune disease.