ASI Global Outreach Award
Established in 2023, the ASI Global Outreach Award supports two promising early-mid career Immunologists from Low or Low-Middle Income Countries
Aug 2nd - 29th 2023
In alignment with ASI’s values of strongly promoting equity, diversity and inclusion, this award has been recently established and generously sponsored by an individual ASI Member.
We acknowledge the challenges associated with attending the ASI Annual Meeting experienced by those residing in low-middle income countries, and offer this award to help offset the costs of conference registration.
To enhance the careers and collaborative opportunities available to students and early-mid career immunologists residing in Low or Low-Middle Income countries (as defined by the World Bank Classification).
The award will be used to cover registration costs at the Annual Scientific Meeting.
- ASI members residing in a Low or Low-Middle Income country as defined by the World Bank Classification are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to residents of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- Candidates from the countries above, who are undertaking studies in Australia or New Zealand may also be considered.
- Postgraduate Students (Masters or PhD) and Postdoctoral Researchers (1-3 years’ postdoctoral research experience) are eligible to apply.
- Postdoctoral Researchers are strongly encouraged to submit an abstract to present at the ASI Annual Meeting.
- *Applicants must be current ASI members at the time of application.
*If you are experiencing financial difficulty and cannot meet the ASI membership eligibility criterion, please contact us for further guidance as the successful awardee may use their award funding to additionally cover their membership fee.
- Click here to download the application form.
- Include a C.V. (maximum 1 page) plus a list of publications.
- Include a copy of the abstract submitted to the Annual Scientific Meeting (if you are a postdoctoral researcher).
- Combine the files into a single pdf and save your file as "LASTNAME YYYY_Global”.
- Log in to your member profile, click on 'Applications' and follow the prompts.
- Quality of application
- Likely professional benefits
- Preference will be given to residents of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
The selection of the awardee will be made by the ASI Executive committee (or their delegates). The committee reserves the right not to make an award.
Annual conference registration fee (ASI Member, Early Bird rate).
ASI Membership fee (if experiencing financial difficulties).
There will be 2 awards available.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must register their attendance to the ASI Annual Scientific Meeting at the Early Bird, member-discounted rate.
- Applicants who are Postdoctoral Researchers are strongly encouraged to submit an abstract to present at the ASI Annual Scientific Meeting,
Successful Recipients - how to claim your ASI Award:
Please log in to your member profile to submit your Newsletter contribution and to initiate the reimbursement process.
Applicants must be willing to contribute to the ASI Newsletter.
An award ceremony with a formal presentation of the award may be part of the closing ceremony at the ASI Annual Scientific Meeting.