ASI Carer's Grants:
Branch Meetings and Annual Scientific Meeting
May for the NZ Branch
June for ACT, NSW, QLD, SA/NT, VIC/TAS Branches
August for the WA Branch
ASI strongly promote equity and diversity, and we wish to support primary carers to be able to attend ASI Branch Meetings. We acknowledge the challenges associated with attending your local branch meeting, and now offer the ASI Branch Meeting Carer's Grant to help offset the costs of childcare either at home or at the meeting.
The award cannot be used for normal care costs, but only for additional care arrangements required to enable carers to attend a branch meeting. Such costs include:
- Employment of a carer while the primary carer is away
- Before- or after-school care for children while the primary carer is away
- Travel costs for a child (and carer) to accompany the primary carer to the meeting
- Travel costs for a relative or substitute carer to care for a dependent at home while the primary carer is away.
The award does not cover the ordinary costs of the meeting such as travel expenses or registration.
- Applicants must be current financial ASI members
- Applicants must have paid their membership subscription before 1st April of the year of application
- Applicants must be the primary carer of one or more dependent children of primary school age, or younger.
- Click here to download the application form.
- Save your file as "LASTNAME 2019_Carers Grant” as a single pdf file.
- Log in to your member profile and click on 'Awards'.
- Quality of application
- Likely professional benefits of the proposed attendance
The selection of the awardees will be made by the ASI Executive committee (or their delegates). The committee reserves the right not to make an award.
Up to AUD 500 per grant for costs associated with additional childcare that allows the primary carer to attend their local Branch Meeting. There will be 10 grants available for 2019.
Successful recipients- how to claim your award:
Please log in to your member profile to initiative the reimbursement process.
Applicants must be willing to contribute to the ASI Newsletter on conclusion of the travel.