200K Special Initiatives Funding Program
Moving ASI into the future
A unique opportunity for members to advance the discipline of Immunology
The ASI Special Initiatives Fund
In 2017 we committed AUD 200 000 toward the Special Initiatives Fund, and invited ideas for novel initiatives from ASI members.
We invite ASI members to send in their novel ideas for the next Special Initiatives Funding Round.
New initiatives should be within the scope of the society and to the benefit of ASI members.
Great examples of how the Special Initiatives Fund has been used are the:
- establishment of the ASI Advanced Immunology School & ASI Clinical Translation School
- creation of the Margaret Baird Women in Immunology Lectureship Award.
- financial support we provided for a workshop to establish high dimensional data analysis pathways, for the benefit of immunologists across Australia and NZ
If you have a ground-breaking idea on how to promote our discipline, support our members, and invest in our future, we'd love to hear from you.
Applicants must be current members in the year of application.
Renew now if you haven't already.
- Check the quarterly assessment dates below and please allow sufficient time for your planning purposes. Please also consult the Special Initiatives Funding Policy document in your member profile, under the 'Documents' tab.
- Click here to download the Proposal Form.
- Please include a short summary (not more than ½ page) outlining what the initiative is, who would drive it, what funds would be required (eg co-funding from sponsorship), and how ASI members would benefit if the initiative was implemented.
Please note we will require a full submission containing greater detail later if your initial proposal progresses (max 1 page).
- Save your file as "LASTNAME YYYY_Initiatives”
- Log in to your member profile and click on 'Applications' to submit your proposal.
Feasibility, sustainability, suitability and benefit to a broad range of ASI members.
The Executive Committee reserves the right not to make an award.
Submit your proposal anytime
We know great ideas take time and pop into your head when you least expect them to.
So, we've kept this opportunity open all year for you to submit anytime, but please note that proposals will be assessed quarterly on:
- Monday February 13th 2023
- Monday May 15th 2023
- Monday August 14th 2023
- Monday November 13th 2023
We look forward to receiving your applications.