ASI Public Engagement Award
Recognising members who have made significant contributions toward increasing public awareness of Immunology
19th October - 9th November 2020
Brand new in 2020, this award has been created in alignment with our society's goal of engaging the broader community and increasing public knowledge of science and Immunology.
The ASI Public Engagement Award aims to recognise an ASI member who makes a significant contribution to public engagement and awareness of science and Immunological concepts.
The awardee can demonstrate their outstanding efforts in communicating science to the public.
- All ASI members are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have been full (not interim) Ordinary or Student members of ASI in the year preceding the application
- For the current 2020 round, applicants must have paid their membership subscription before June 30th 2020.
- For the 2021 round and beyond, applicants must have paid their membership subscription before April 1st of the year of application
- Click here to download the application form.
- Include a CV (max 2 pages) in the format outlined in the application form.
- Save your file as "LASTNAME 2020_Engagement” as a single pdf file.
- Log in to your member profile and click on 'Applications' to upload your file.
- Degree to which the recognition by ASI will make a major difference to furthering their public engagement efforts
- Preference will apply to outstanding individuals not already recognised by awards of this stature, taking into account the prior achievements relative to opportunity (CV), and evidence of their commitment to public engagement.
The selection of the awardee will be made by the ASI Executive committee (or their delegates). The committee reserves the right not to make an award.
Free registration (Ordinary or Student) to the ASI Annual Scientific Meeting.
Applicants must be willing to contribute to the ASI Newsletter about their public engagement efforts.
An award ceremony with a formal presentation of the award would normally be part of the closing ceremony at the ASI Annual Scientific Meeting (with the exception of 2020).