2021 ASI Carer's Awards - COVID support
March 1st - 29th 2021 EXTENDED TO April 13th 2021
for support in 2021
ASI is acutely aware of the pressure that COVID-19 restrictions have placed on carers, limiting access to care support from both formal and informal mechanisms.
To support members of our community whose carer responsibilities have impacted or will impact on their career progression, we invite applications to the 2020 ASI Carer Awards- COVID support. We have created these awards by repurposing the funds originally committed to the ASI Branch Meeting Carer's Awards, ASI Annual Meeting Carer's Awards, and the Women's Initiative Travel Awards for 2020.
To provide financial support to fund formal or informal carer support. Applicants can apply for up to $1000 and the exact use of the award money is determined by the awardee but must directly support caring for dependents.
Please note that the Career Advancement Tier 2 awards could also be used to support caring costs up to $3000 for PhD students and post-docs.
- Applicants must be current full (not interim) Ordinary or Student members
- Applicants must be the primary carer of a dependent and/or one or more dependent children of primary school age, or younger.
- Click here to download the application form.
- Include a C.V. (1-3 pages)
- Save your file as "LASTNAME YYYY_Carers” as a single pdf file.
- Log in to your member profile and click on 'Applications'.
- Degree to which funds will support work responsibilities and support caring responsibilities. We will try to prioritise funding for those that have been impacted most by COVID restrictions.
The selection of the awardees will be made by the ASI Executive committee (or their delegates). The committee reserves the right not to make an award.
Up to AUD 1000 per award for costs associated with additional caring support that allows the primary carer to progress their careers.
Successful recipients- how to claim your award:
Please log in to your member profile to initiate the reimbursement process.
Applicants must be willing to contribute to the ASI Newsletter on conclusion of the travel.