Last 12 months
- June 2022 (1)
- May 2022 (0)
- April 2022 (0)
- March 2022 (2)
- February 2022 (3)
- January 2022 (1)
- December 2021 (3)
- November 2021 (1)
- October 2021 (2)
- September 2021 (1)
- August 2021 (1)
- July 2021 (2)
- Show All
- Infection (1)
- ASI Awards (55)
- Clinical & Translational Immunology (9)
- ASI (86)
- Day of Immunology (17)
- Competition (8)
- ASI Membership (24)
- Visiting Speaker Program (4)
- Immunology (98)
- Closing Soon (4)
- Journals (18)
- Special Interest Groups (3)
- Immunology & Cell Biology (22)
- Women's Initiative (10)
- Vaccines (32)
- Event/Meeting (39)
- Show All
Thursday April 16, 2015
Established in 2005 by the European Federation of Immunological Societies (EFIS), the success of Day of Immunology led to it being celebrated worldwide since 2007. Under the auspices of the Australasian Society for Immunology (ASI), Day of Immunology has been celebrated in Australia since 2009.
Day of Immunology events in Melbourne
REGISTERING FOR ALL EVENTS IS ESSENTIAL! Places are limited.
To register, and for more information on all these events, go to http://www.dayofimmunology.org.au
Please direct enquiries to [email protected]
Register for the public lecture "Immunology Myth Busters!" 29th April 2015, 6:00-8:30pm, Doherty Institute, Melbourne. Listen to three of Melbourne’s top scientists talk about myths and realities surrounding cancer, allergies and bacteria and how research in immunology helps correct common health misconceptions.
6:00-8:30pm at the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, Melbourne
Book a free Discovery tour : Visit two of Melbourne’s finest research laboratories, meet scientists and learn about research discoveries.
* Burnet Institute, Prahran from 12:00-2:00pm
* Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity (FULLY BOOKED), Melbourne from 4:00-5:30pm
Book a 2015 Influenza vaccination - only $1 2, City Square, Melbourne (29th April, 11:00am-2:30pm) All vaccination recipients will get a complimentary Brunetti's coffee and biscuit!On ABC television on Monday 13th April, the Chairman of the Influenza Specialist Group, Dr Alan Hampson, urged people to get their flu jab saying that "many people underestimate the threat of influenza" (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-13/time-to-get-your-flu-jab/6387728).
- Chat with immunologists over a Brunetti coffee and biscuits about the science of vaccination at the Vaccination Café, City Square, Melbourne (29th April, 11:00am-2:30pm)
Day of Immunology events in Queensland
- Public event “Our Amazing Immune System” 29th April 2015, 4:30-8:45pm, Translational Research Institute, Woolloongabba
- A Day in the Life of an Immunologist – FREE full day workshops at the Translational Research Institute, Woolloongabba (29th April, 9:00am-4:00pm) and the QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, Herston (1st May, 9:00am-2:30pm)
Register for the free public lecture "Our Incredible Immune System" Tuesday 28th April 2015, 5:30-8:00 pm, James Cook University Campus, Townsville.
Day of Immunology events in South Australia
Science in the Pub gathering:
Friday, May 1st, 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
(Arrive at 5:30pm for free nibbles and to ensure you get a seat!)
The Brunswick Hotel
207 Gilbert Street, Adelaide, SA 5000
FREE, but please RSVP for catering purposes
Day of Immunology events in New Zealand
- AUCKLAND: Auckland-based secondary schoolprogrammes (the Liggins Education Network for Science and the MWC Science for School programs)
- WELLINGTON: Info to come
This year's Day of Immunology Quiz night is being organised by Sam Norton (PhD student from the Kemp lab). It should be lots of fun - invite your non-immunology friends along, free entry with pizza & drink provided. No immunology knowledge is needed to win!
Email [email protected] to sign up.